As of 1st January 2016, Itchen Abbas and Avington Village Hall has moved from a paper-based booking system to an online booking and invoicing system, powered by Hallmaster. The reasons for this are:
- to streamline the booking and invoicing process and, hopefully, make it more user-friendly
- to dramatically reduce the amount of paper we use and our postage costs
- to cut down the administration time involved in taking bookings
We know that, if you’re a previous hirer of the Village Hall and used to the old way of doing things, the new system may take a bit of getting used to! However, we’re confident that you will see some real benefits, including:
- the ability to check the real-time availability of the hall online – no more “email tennis” as you try to find out which dates are free for your event!
- the ability to amend your booking yourself if necessary (perhaps you want to change the hire period or add use of the sound system, that kind of thing)
- the ability to promote your booking via socia media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, particularly useful for regular hirers or for public fundraising events
- the ability to view, download and print your booking invoices, and check your payment history
Registering on Hallmaster:
The first time you try to request a booking via Hallmaster, you will need to register. You will then be sent a password, which will enable you to log in to your account and do some of the things mentioned above. DESPITE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT A FREE 90 DAY TRIAL PERIOD, YOU WILL NEVER BE CHARGED FOR REGISTERING – THIS IS A MISLEADING SCREEN THAT HALLMASTER ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SORTING OUT!
If you have booked an event at the hall over the past six months, it may well be that you have already been registered on the Hallmaster system (by the Hall Manager) but not been sent a password. If you try to request a new booking and are told that your email address is already registered, please use the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ link to get a password. This will then enable you to log in.
For more information on how to use the system, please see the Hallmaster Public User Guide.
The vast majority, if not all, of our regular bookings have been entered into the system for the rest of this academic year (ie. until July 2016). However, we are still in the process of entering information beyond that. If you are making a weekday booking months in advance, please be aware that the system may not fully reflect the hall availability that far ahead. We’re working on it!
Some of the regular bookings on the system are flexible – for example, the bookings made for Itchen Abbas Primary School PE sessions (early afternoon most days) and also the booking for Keep Fit on a Saturday morning. If you wish to book a particular date and discover that there is a clash with one of these bookings, please email and we’ll see what we can do! Thanks.