As with most things, there’s a certain amount of “small print” that goes along with hiring a hall … and it is important to read it carefully!
Below you will find our standard terms and conditions of hire, together with a few other helpful documents. These are designed to make clear:
- your responsibilities when hiring the hall
- our responsibilities to you, the hirer
Please be aware that:
- we use an online booking system (powered by Hallmaster)
- you can check availability and request a booking by clicking on the link in the side bar, to the right of the page, which will take you to our booking diary
- your booking confirmation will be sent by email in due course – if you submit a booking request and don’t hear from us within a couple of days, check your junk / spam folder just in case!
- when booking online, you will be asked to confirm that you accept our terms and conditions – you cannot request a booking unless you do so
- your hire period must allow sufficient time to set up before your event and, in particular, to clear away and clean up afterwards (see below)
- should you be hiring the hall during the evening, ensure that you and your guests have vacated the hall by midnight. This is in accordance with our licensing.
- you are expected to leave the hall clean and tidy, ready for the next hirer – this is vital as, although the hall is cleaned regularly, we cannot always clean it in between bookings
If you have specific requirements that you would like to discuss with us, please get in touch using the Contact page or the phone number / email address shown in the side bar.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hall sometime soon …
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY!
IAAVH terms and conditions of hire – this is the legal document that, in conjunction with your Hallmaster online booking, forms the agreement between you and the Village Hall Committee regarding your hire of the hall
IAAVH checklist for hire of hall – this is just designed to remind you about various things you need to do when hiring the hall
IAAVH sale of alcohol form – if you intend to sell alcohol at your event (even if the cost of the alcohol is included within the ticket price), this form needs to be completed and return to our Designated Premises Supervisor, the Naked Grape in Alresford, at least a week before your event
IAAVH candle permission form – if you would like to have candles or tea lights at your event, this form neeIAAVH terms and conditions of hireds to be completed and returned to the Hall Manager prior to the event
IAAVH fire procedures – this is an important document that explains what to do in the event of an emergency … but obviously your first priority is just to get everyone out!